1. About this policy
Ausflyer is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
2. Collecting your personal information
2.1 Types of information we collect
The personal information that we collect will depend on your relationship with us and the service you have requested. It may include:
- your identity and contact details including; name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender, or other identification details and photographs;
- payment information in connection with a booking or additional products or services purchased through our website;
- itinerary and other travel related information (including any product and specific assistance requests);
- IP address or MAC address when using our website (and other associated details, including the city associated with your IP or MAC address, the date and time of your visit to our website, pages viewed, the URL of the website that you viewed before our website and the type of browser you use);
- if you use social media, any information that you allow the social media site to share with us;
- your feedback and opinions about our articles we publish; and
- information relating to your dealings with us, including insights about you so that we can better understand your preferences and interests;
2.2 How we collect personal information
We collect your personal information in a number of ways. We may collect your personal information directly from you or in the course of our dealings with you, for example when you:
- provide personal information to us, for example, when you make an Ausflyer account, subscribe to our email or other communications, enter a competition, provide feedback to us or otherwise interact with us;
- visit our website or social media channels;
- complete a survey or online poll;
- apply for an Ausflyer job
- register as a travel partner or affiliated sponsor;
We may combine and compare personal information that we hold about you with other information collected from, or held by, others. We do this to better understand your interests and preferences, which helps us to enhance your experience. More information about why we do this is provided under ‘Why we collect personal information’.
2.3 Why we collect personal information
Ausflyer will collect your personal information for a variety of purposes and ensure we are bound within legal requirements. Most of the time, we collect your personal information so that we can provide you with our services and any products that you may have requested. This may include:
- verifying your identity;
- communicating with you;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- providing, operating and contacting you in relation to our market and consumer research activities, competitions, promotions and events, where you have told us that you would like to take part in these;
- contacting you with marketing and promotional material about our offers or promotions, and those of our related entities, airline and non-airline partners and other third parties
2.4 Decisions that we make automatically about you
We may make completely automated decisions on certain matters. For example, we (including service providers acting on our behalf, such as those who provide data analysis and business intelligence services) may assess existing or potential customers' interest in us and our and related products/services by logging your interaction with us via our website, our advertisements, the submission of forms or the number of "clicks" that you make on emails that we send you. In certain circumstances, we disclose this information to our trusted partners. The outcome of these activities will help us and our trusted partners to develop insights about you and better understand your preferences and interests. We and our partners may make marketing decisions about you based on these insights.
3. Use and disclosure of your personal information
We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes described in ‘Why we collect your personal information’. We may also disclose your personal information:
- where permitted or required by law or order of a court/tribunal; and
- to various law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and governments in Australia and around the world and their service providers for security, customs and immigration purposes.
If we need to handle your information for any other purpose, we will only do so with your consent or where you may otherwise reasonably expect us to do so.
4 How long do we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as we reasonably require your personal information for any valid and lawful purpose. These purposes include to provide you with our services and any products that you have requested, exercise our rights and perform our obligations under a contract, investigate and defend actual or potential claims, comply with our legal obligations and other purposes permitted by law.
When it is no longer reasonably necessary for us to keep your personal information, your information will be destroyed or put beyond use. However, we may de-identify data and retain such data for statistical purposes only.
Cookies are tiny files sent to your browser and stored by your browser on your computer or other device that you're using to access our website.
Our cookies collect your IP address or MAC address, the city associated with your IP or MAC address, the date and time of your visit to our website, pages or advertisements viewed, the URL of the website that you viewed before our website and the type of browser you use.
We also use web tracking/analytic tools that generate detailed statistics about traffic to our websites, traffic sources and how you interact with advertisements on our websites. These tools can also measure and record conversions and sales. For information about Google Analytics, you can visit https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics via: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout;
The cookies and web-tracking tools allow our website to interact more efficiently with the device you are using and to help us improve the content and functioning of our websites and mobile applications.
6. Our marketing and your personal information
We use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/
7. Storage and security of your personal information
We generally hold personal information electronically in our IT systems and databases. We use third party service providers to store some personal information.
We take reasonable steps to protect the information that we hold about you from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We have online and network security systems in place for our website, so that the information you provide us online is protected and secure. However, because of the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Please contact us if you become aware of any breach of security.
8. Rights in respect of your personal information
8.1 Your rights
You have a right to request access to or correction of your personal information held by us.
If you wish to access, correct or update any personal information that we hold about you, please contact us on the details below. We will need to verify your identity before we can process your request.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable time of you making the request and give you access in the manner you requested, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to do so.
Making a request is free. But depending on what information you request access to, we may need to charge you for giving you access to the information. The charges will not be excessive and we'll let you know if a charge will apply before we proceed with giving you access. There is no charge for correcting your personal information. Please note that if you are making a request from the European Union, your request will be completely free apart from in a very limited number of circumstances. This might include if your request is repetitive or if you have requested further copies of the same information. The fee will be based on the administrative cost of providing the information.
There may be reasons why we cannot give you access to the information that you have requested, or we refuse to correct your personal information. If this is the case, we will let you know these reasons in writing.
8.2 Specific rights for EU residents only
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
9. How to make a complaint
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, you can make a complaint by contacting us using the details below.
Once we have received your complaint, we will investigate and respond to you within a reasonable period of time.
If your complaint relates to our airline services (rather than being privacy-related), you can contact the Airline Customer Advocate, which provides a complaint handling and dispute resolution process for eligible airline customers.
If you are located in the European Union, you have the right to complain to the local data protection authority within the EU. You can find the details of your local DPA here.
11. Contact us
You can contact us by: